Registration Guidelines

Registering via the Website:
You can click onto the course number and scroll down to the bottom of the link to register for the particular USA location and dates. The USA office currently registers all online courses directly no matter where you live. Follow the “register now” link which will take you to the secure shopping cart. Here you can pay with a major credit card or Pay Pal. We do not accept wire transfers due to the processing fee. California Residents please note: You are still required to send in all the required documents before the registration is final (see details below).

Registering via Phone:
Please call the office during business hours 9am-12:30pm Pacific Time Monday through Friday: 707.377.4313. You have the option to pay via credit card, Pay Pal or can arrange to send in a check. California Residents please note: You are still required to send in all the required documents before the registration is final (see details below).

Registering via Mail:
You can send your payment (checks, money orders or credit card numbers including expiration date, CCV and billing zip code) to Equinology, Inc., 610 Noah Court, Napa, CA 94558. Credit card registrations are also accepted over the phone. California Residents please note: You are still required to send in all the required documents before the registration is final (see details below).

Registering for onsite courses outside the USA:
Go to our sister companies. (Remember all online/distance study courses are processed through the USA office no matter where you live. United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa courses (Europe locations coming soon) are registered by going to those websites: (UK courses) (CAN courses) (SA courses) (NZ courses) (AUS courses)

Students are not registered until all documents have been completed and the non-refundable/non-transferable $250 deposit is received for the course. Please see the checklist of required documents below specific to California Residents. The $250 deposit is credited towards your course tuition. Courses $250 or less are paid in full at the time of registration. Please take note that all tuition balances are due 30 days prior to the beginning of the USA course.

Documentation Required:
Any registration (onsite or online) taken through the USA office requires a student enrollment form since Equinology is a state licensed school. Upon registration, you will be sent the student enrollment form or you can click here to download one.

Additional Requirements for California Residents attending an onsite California course:
Please click here to review the Equinology and Caninology School Catalog. If you are a California resident and you do not have the ability to download this document, please contact the office to post a copy of the catalog. You are also required to review the school performance fact sheet which needs to be initialed, signed and returned. You will be sent this document for review upon registration and you can also view them by clicking here.


  • You will not be confirmed on a class list until the deposit and documents are received
  • Please prepare yourself for the course if precourse study is required
  • In accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin
  • If you have any questions, please call!

To be eligible for our courses, a student must possess these skill sets:

  • High School English equivalency reading skills*
  • High School Graduate** or over 18 years of age
  • Clearly understand the English Language***

* Those who are not high school graduates need to take an “Ability to Benefit” (ATB) test. We now have our own approved alternative ATB exam specific to equine or canine. Please contact the office at for the link, password and state whether this is for a horse or dog course. The exam is at no charge and you have 3 attempts to pass.

** Those who are under 18 years of age need permission from their parents or guardians. If the student is not a high school graduate, they will need to take and document the Ability to Benefit Test as described above with a minimum score demonstrating that they have the ability to benefit from Equinology’s instruction.

*** Equinology Inc. does not offer English as a Second Language instruction. It does not offer English language services of any kind.

The official language of instruction at Equinology is English. All recruitment, instruction and learning materials are in the English language. If, for any reason, an applicant’s comprehension or use of the English language is questionable, that applicant will be required to document passage of a Test of English as a Foreign Language with a score of at least 500. No instruction, learning materials or school publications such as the enrollment agreement or catalog will be made available to prospective students who do not exhibit a clear and, in some cases, documented comprehension and use of the English language.